FIRST-PARTY COOKIESFirst-party cookies are set by the website you are visiting, and they can only be read by that site. Certain features of our Site use session, persistent, and flash cookies. “Session” cookies are temporarily stored on your hard drive and only last until they expire at the end of your browsing session or after a set time period. Our Site’s session cookies are set to expire in 12 hours and are required for log in to access secure areas of the Site and to process e-commerce transactions. “Permanent” cookies remain stored on a user’s hard drive until they expire or are deleted by a user. We use permanent browser cookies on our Site for log in purposes and to recover certain preferences set for use by you during repeated visits to our Site. They are set to time out within 12 months.
- Web beacons: These are tiny graphics (sometimes called “clear GIFs” or “web pixels” with a unique identifier that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are rendered invisible on web pages when you open a page.
- Social Widgets: These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media providers that allow you to interact with those social media services when you view a web page or mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by third parties.
- UTM Codes: These are strings that can appear in a URL (the “Uniform Resource Locator”, which is typically the http or https address entered to go to a web page) when a user moves from one web page or website to another, where the string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent the user to the receiving website.
- Application SDKs: These are mobile application third-party software development kits that are embedded in Apps (and are used in many mobile applications). These app SDKs permit the collection of information about the App itself, activity in the App, and the device application on which the App is running.
LOCATION INFORMATIONWe use tools that allow us to collect or maintain your location information, including ClickDimensions, our marketing automation platform. To learn more about this tool, visit www.clickdimensions.com/about/privacy-policy/.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIESIn addition to cookies, there are other similar technologies used by Harris OnPoint on the Site. These include:
- Linkedin Analytics: This also uses performance cookies to track web browsing behavior. For more information on how Linkedin uses your data, please go to www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. You can opt out anytime by following the instructions at www.linkedin.com/psettings/guest-controls.
OTHER THIRD PARTY TECHNOLOGIESSome third parties may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about you when you when you browse the internet. The information they collect about your online browsing activities over time and across different websites and other online services may be associated with your personal information and used to provide you with targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly or consult their privacy policies.
- Google Chrome: support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471